Find it from the Earth!
Arcturus in part of it's constellation, Bootës
- You can see Arcturus from Detroit during all seasons accept early/mid Winter.
- From Detroit, you have to look northeast to see Arcturus
- Arcturus has an angle form Earth of 19 degrees in the Bootës constellation.
- The mass of Arcturus is slightly larger than the Sun (1.1 solar mass)
- Apparent magnitude= -0.05
- Absolute magnitude = -0.307
- Luminosity 500x the sun
- Phase on the HR Diagram- Arcturus is a Red Giant, it is dying. (For some more information on the HR Diagram click HERE!)
- Arcturus is 36.7 light years away or 2320947.5 Astronomical units away. (1 astronomical unit is the same distance from Earth to the Sun.)
- A fun fact about Arcturus- In Ancient Greece "Arcturus" meant "guardian of the bear"
- Arcturus is under "M" in spectral class